monday morning grind and a Room with a View

So the weekend came and went and now it's Monday.  I'm not so keen for Monday. It's always slow and the list of things to do and 'get cleaned is long necessary.

And so here we are ...... at Monday!  I hope you had a good weekend at least!

Anyway this Monday I've decided to join in on the fun with Nadine at TinyWoolf's art challenge. Actually a room with a view challenge.

I was in Almaty these last couple of days to do some 'visa stuff' and we stayed in the Ritz Carlton in Almaty.  Now if you ever have the pleasure of visiting Almaty that's a place to stay.

So here's the view while we were having breakfast on the 30th floor......  Lovely greens and snow capped mountains.  Truly breathtaking and mysterious.




As I sat there and ate, I could not help but think of the mountains and wonder how the people historically known an Nomads inhabited the land with their nomadic tribes survived out there.

To learn how they lived and why they moved so often.  That is my challenge to learn the history of these things as I reside 'again' in this beautiful country.

Even a ground floor view - from Starbucks was also breathtaking...


Comments

pieterbie said…
Love those mountains, that view counts indeed.
I'm not liking this Monday very much, but I did not get enough sleep.
Intervention by the fire brigade in my street during the night. They make a lot of noise.
kari! thank you for joining up this weekend. did you say 30th floor?? gee, that's, well, HIGH up! i hope you feel right at home again soon, but it seems to me you already are... ;))) n♥
Susi-Art said…
Kazakhstan...I had to look it up were that is! Looks amazing and also it looks like a big adventure to be there!
Tammie Lee said…
so glad you enjoyed your view, wonderful mountains!

Popular Posts